The cost for a ride, per person in Canadian dollars, is:
- $2,775 for a 6-day ride
- $2,500 for a 5-day ride
- $2,225 for a 4-day ride
There are generous discounts if you are a returning rider and/or a resident of the U.S.A. !!! (see below for details).
- A six day/five night excursion or a four-day/three night excursion, depending on the ride dates chosen
- Accommodations in camp with tents/teepees and raised cots with mattresses; wash, and shower facilities and dry toilets.
- Professional guides and cooks
- A horse, that is provided to you, and the care and feeding of it
- Horse tack
- Meals in camp, including hot breakfast, picnic lunch, after ride snacks, and a four course hot dinner
- Your bus ride from Calgary to the camp and return
- Daily Shuttle service to the corral and/or trail head and return to the camp
- Entrance Head-Smahed-in Buffalo Jump
- Boat Cruise on Waterton Lakes (or horse ride that day)
- Membership in the T.R.C.R. We are a non‐profit society and as such are required by the Government of Alberta to charge a membership fee.
Added to this ride fee is:
- Goods and Services Tax of 5%
Discounts for Returning Riders and Life Members
- If you have ever ridden with the Trail Riders of the Canadian Rockies, no matter how long ago, we will instantly give you a 20% discount. Your ride fee is $2,220 for a 6-day ride, $2,000 for a 5-day ride, or $1,780 for a 4-day ride.
- If you are a life member, we’ll discount your ride fee by a further $35. Your ride fee is $2,185 for a 6-day ride, $1,965 for a 5-day ride or $1,745 for a 4-day ride.
Note that these discounts only apply if you register directly with the Trail Riders. If you register using a travel agent or tour operator, the discounts do not apply.
Your ride fee does not include:
- Your transportation costs to the City of Calgary.
- Your accommodation and meal costs before and after your ride.
- We supply saddle bags, cots and mattresses but we do not supply duffle bags, rain gear, or sleeping bags. (if you are travelling from overseas and do not wish to pack a sleeping bag, we may be able to help you; just ask…)
- Alcohol; We DO NOT sell it, so bring your own.
The “Companion Option”
Do you want to attend a ride this summer but your spouse does not want to or cannot ride? By exercising the “companion option” a registered rider can bring a friend, spouse or other family member. Utilizing our daily shuttle this companion guest can ride to the Town of Waterton, go on small day hikes, take a boat cruise to Glacier National Park, take a much shorter ride or perhaps just stay in camp and relax for the day. You will have all the privileges of a regular guest (except that you won’t be riding) and of course at a reduced cost.
The cost is:
- $1,550 for a first time attendee for a 6-day excursion or $1,300 for 4-day excursion.
- $1,240 for a returning rider/attendee or if you are accompanying a returning rider for a 6-day excursion or $1,040 for a 4-day excursion.
- $1,205 for a lifetime rider for a 6-day excursion or $1,005 for a 4-day excursion.
Note that the returning rider and lifetime rider costs only apply if you register directly with the Trail Riders. If you register using a travel agent or tour operator, the full cost applies.
Save by Paying in US Dollars!!!
All pricing is in Canadian dollars (CAD).
If you are a resident of the U.S.A., you will pay much less because the Canadian dollar is currently trading well below the U.S. dollar. The exact amount you will save will vary depending on the exchange rate in effect on the date your payment is processed.
For example, the total cost of a ride is $2,913.75 in Canadian dollars which is $2039.63 in U.S. dollars… a savings of $875.00! This is equivalent to receiving a 30+% discount just by paying in U.S. dollars! If you are a returning rider, you will save another $500 CAD!!
NOTE: The above currency conversions were calculated in December 2016 and are for examples purposes only!